KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Newbie alert question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParrottJ

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Newbie alert question Reply with quote

I am new to this software and have been put in charge of setting up monitoring/alerting of our Data Center.
I am looking for a way to setup an alert for 2 routers in a converged network. I have setup simple email alerts based on ping tests if either one goes down. I need to create one that will send an email to a different group if both routers go down. Since we are not a 24/7 shop we respond to downed equipment during normal work hours, however if these core routers go down then our on call staff has to be notified
Thank you
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add 2nd "Send e-mail" action into alert profile assigned to these tests (TestA and TestB).
Use "advanced mode" for the action and expression like
('%::TestA::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and ('%::TestB::SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1)
where TestA - name of the 1st test (ping router 1), TestB - name of the other test (ping router 2)

Details
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#advancedaction

Regards
Alex
ParrottJ

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex
thanks for the quick reply, I will let you know how that works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: