String Is Tool Long

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
mpgibbins

Post by mpgibbins »

Hi,

I recenlty add a new ODBC Test to our test list and when I try to re open the .hml file I get a message saying: "Cannot Load TestList from file. String Is too long. File may be corrupt."

The last test I added I gave it a rather long name in the 'Test Name' field.

Any idea how this can be fixed. Is my .hml now useless....I hope not it had 500 tests in it which took about a week to enter.

Regards
Mike

KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Could you send HML file to us (line1@ks-soft.net)? What version of HM do you use?

Regards
Alex
Voyager

Post by Voyager »

I am having the same problem. I am receiving the same error in which it states that the file is corrupt. Should I send the .hml file to you?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Yes, we need the file. What version of HostMonitor do you use?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Voyager,

File that you send to us is not complete file. Size of the file 610K but it should be about 730K.
We made some modifications in HostMonitor, there is update at http://www.ks-soft.net/download/hm370c.zip
This update allows to restore tests from incomplete files. In your case you will be able to save most of tests (586), sorry about rest of tests.

Some possible reason to this error:
- system where HostMonitor is running was rebooted/shudown at the time when HostMonitor saved settings
- not enough free disk space on drive where HostMonitor is installed (in this case HostMonitor should display error message)

Regards
Alex