SOAP test doesn´t use account from credential manager

When you post information about some problem, please include the following details: - OS version (e.g. Windows 2000 Professional SP3); HostMonitor version; problem description.
mrw

SOAP test doesn´t use account from credential manager

Post by mrw »

Hi,
The title says it all I guess? I can´t get any other credentials to work other that those I specify directly in the SOAP test itself.

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Of course. Connection Manager does not allow you to setup accounts for tests like URL, HTTP, SOAP, IMAP, POP3, Mail Relay
Where is the bug?

Regards
Alex
mrw

Post by mrw »

Well, since I can enter a username/password in the SOAP test properties I would think that I could just use username and password from an entry in the connection manager instead. From a user point of view I can´t see a difference from other tests regarding credentials.
That´s why I thought it´s a bug when it didn´t work.
But if that´s by design isn´t it possible to implement?

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

When you specify login/password for some specific test method, it has nothing to do with Connection Manager. Even for test methods that work with Connecton Manager; e.g. if you enable "connect as" option and specify username/password for CPU Usage test, this option tells HostMonitor "do not use Connection Manager". At the same time some tests do not work with Connection Manager at all. As you may see Connection Manager does not offer any option related to SOAP test.

May be I just misunderstand the problem?
I just do not see a reason to use Connection Manager for tests like URL, SOAP or Mail Relay.
Do you need to tests many SOAP services using the same login/password, the same request and you want to save a little bit of time by keeping just one account for all servers?

Regards
Alex
mrw

Post by mrw »

I have the same SOAP test for several servers. And those servers have an entry in the connection manager that other tests uses. And when I implement a new server I always just copy all test to the new server. Saves me time and reduces places I need to configure.

I simply like to avoid entering credentials directly in a test if I can avoid it. So I just assumed I could to this with the SOAP test.

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I see. Ok, I added task into "to do" list.

Regards
Alex