RMA does not execute action on server 2012

When you post information about some problem, please include the following details: - OS version (e.g. Windows 2000 Professional SP3); HostMonitor version; problem description.
Pablo Rönnebarth

RMA does not execute action on server 2012

Post by Pablo Rönnebarth »

Hi!
i have the RMA execute an external program to restart a router when a ping fails.
that worked wonderfully when the RMA was running on a win 7 machine.
now that machine was replaced (finally :) ) with a server 2012 install on new hardware.
since then the action is not executed anymore :o .
if i log on to the machine and execute by hand it works (so no compatibility issues with 2012).
in test info->quick log: triggered actions the action appears as done, however no action occurs.
the RMA install was copied over from the old "server", changed agent name and was up & running except that problem.
monitoring & actions are enabled in HM.
no other options were changed (except agent name). i double-checked the action properties.
HM is running on a server 2003, the RMA on a server 2012.
i tried running the RMA as local service (with desktop interaction) and as administrator to no avail.
is there any other info you need?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

in test info->quick log: triggered actions the action appears as done, however no action occurs.
Then I assume command was executed.
Have you tried some simple command like "cmd /c copy c:\test\1.txt c:\test\2.txt"?
Why external program did not restart your router? What exactly command/script/code you used?

Regards
Alex
Pablo Rönnebarth

hi!
thank you for the quick reply.
sorry but i could only answer now, had a lot to do.
cmd /c copy c:\test\1.txt c:\test\2.txt works.
and i have no idea why it does not restart my router (it works when executed/clicked normally).
it's a autohotkey script. it interacts with a desktop program (firefox), sending keypresses (the router does not have a telnet interface :( )
maybe it has something to do with the new security models present in win8/server 2012?

oh and i have to correct myself, it worked on a XP system. my bad :roll:
Pablo Rönnebarth

ahk code

Code: Select all

Process, Close, firefox.exe
Sleep, 2000
Run, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "http://192.168.1.254/",max
sleep 10000
Send, {ENTER}
sleep 10000
Send, {TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}
sleep 10000
Send, {TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}
sleep 10000
Send, {TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}
Send, {TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}
sleep 25000
Send, {ALTDOWN}{F4}{ALTUP}
sleep 800
sleep 240000
Process, Close, firefox.exe
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Services cannot interact with desktop applications starting from Windows Vista.

Looks like you just need to send some specific HTTP request to your router? Then use HTTP request action
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.h ... tm#actHTTP

Regards
Alex