Terminal Service test

If you have information, script, utility, or idea that can be useful for HostMonitor community, you welcome to share information in this forum.
zarobhr

Post by zarobhr »

KS-Soft wrote:
[3:40:13 PM] HostMonitor is going to execute "TSTEST" script ...
[3:40:33 PM] Error: script timed out
You may increase timeout.
when i have the test setup and firing the status is always ok who can i get it to not be okay if the server password is wrong or if server is unreachable , i just to it to show as a problem so i can send an alert
if server is unreachable? No problem. Just increase timeout specified for the test.
if the password is wrong? This utility is not designed for this.

Regards
Alex
wow cant believe this are you telling me there is no way to send an alert for any condtion other than a good connection, i want an ok in the test if it connects and want to send alert if it does not connect is this not possible
zarobhr

Post by zarobhr »

zarobhr wrote:
KS-Soft wrote:
[3:40:13 PM] HostMonitor is going to execute "TSTEST" script ...
[3:40:33 PM] Error: script timed out
You may increase timeout.
when i have the test setup and firing the status is always ok who can i get it to not be okay if the server password is wrong or if server is unreachable , i just to it to show as a problem so i can send an alert
if server is unreachable? No problem. Just increase timeout specified for the test.
if the password is wrong? This utility is not designed for this.

Regards
Alex
wow cant believe this are you telling me there is no way to send an alert for any condtion other than a good connection, i want an ok in the test if it connects and want to send alert if it does not connect is this not possible
if i run the test from a command line f connects i get ok if it doesnt i get error

if i get an error (dont care why there is an error) i want to send alert
how to i get hostmontor test to see there is an error
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Why you cannot believe this fact? This is simple, free, 7 years old utilty.
If you want to check some parameters of the service, you may use WMI test method.
E.g. you may use Win32_Terminal WMI class to check number of logged-on sessions.

Regards
Alex
zarobhr

Post by zarobhr »

KS-Soft wrote:
If you want to check some parameters of the service, you may use WMI test method.
E.g. you may use Win32_Terminal WMI class to check number of logged-on sessions.

Regards
Alex
i need to be sure that i can log into the rdp server from a remote location not just check that the port is open.

i guess i just assumed since the utility actually has a response when it is run from a command line that host monitor could see whether the respnse was an error or if it was ok.
zarobhr

Post by zarobhr »

zarobhr wrote:
KS-Soft wrote:

Regards
Alex
i need to be sure that i can log into the rdp server from a remote location not just check that the port is open.

i guess i just assumed since the utility actually has a response when it is run from a command line that host monitor could see whether the respnse was an error or if it was ok.
it actually appears it does not work at all, since if i type tscheck -host:xxx.hhh.com the result comes back as scriptres:ok: even though that server does not exist
oh well, guess i need to find a different solution
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We cannot reproduce the problem. Utility returns Bad status when cannot connect to the server.
What Windows do you have installed on local and remote system? Service Pack?

Regards
Alex