KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Denomination behavior in 9.02 Beta

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcentric

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Denomination behavior in 9.02 Beta Reply with quote

I was reading the manual about patterns when I cam acros this note on using denomination.

Quote:
Note: We would not recommend playing with "denomination" option without necessity as Log Analyzer separate test items by name (not only name, however name is one of the keys). If you rename test item, log file will contain records with different names related to the same test item. As result Log Analyzer will show 2 statistical records for the same test item. We plan to redesign Log Analyzer in version 8.

And then I read this from the notes on the new beta.

Quote:
Log Analyzer collects information differently considering TestID as property with higher priority.
In particular this means you will see single item in the report even if you renamed this test item several times. Log Analyzer will show latest used test name but collect test statistics using all recorded names. Also, if you have 2 test items with the same name, Log Analyzer will show 2 items separating statistics using TestID.

So my question is what is the actual end result now if you use denomination? Does the note for denomination still have merit? Or does it's explanation need to be revised in the manual to reflect the new change to log analyzer?

Regards
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on your settings.
In most cases denomination will not lead to problems if you use new Log Analyzer.
However you may setup ODBC logging and did not setup testid field for the profile (Log Analyzer will show warning but allows such configuration). In such case tests with changed name will be considered as new test...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: