KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

UNC tests "Unknown" and "Access denied".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flix3793

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:33 am    Post subject: UNC tests "Unknown" and "Access denied". Reply with quote

Hi!

As mentioned in title, the status of my UNC tests always shows "Unknown" and reply stays "Access Denied".

The following configration ist used:
HostMonitor 8.86 running as Service, controlled with RCC on the same machine by connecting to 127.0.0.1.
Permitted user and pass stored in Options Tab "Service".

I already tried dimmyr's solution from http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=550 - didn't work for me.

If anybody knows what to do - please help.
And if you need more details - please ask.

Oh, and sorry for my (maybe) bad english - typing from germany.

EDIT: After a few retries, different errors appear. Seen until now:
Access Denied
Timed out
UNC not found
(free translations by the way - Hostmon is running in german )

EDIT2: I found out, that if I enter the user and pass for single tests (r-click->Edit...) everything works just perfect, but when I enter the passwort (11 Characters->11 Star-thingys) in "Options->Service" dialog and then [Save] and re-open the options there are only 5 "Stars" in the input line for password. If this is not a wanted feature, I think the mistake can be found somewhere here.

~Flix3793~
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:50 am    Post subject: UNC tests "Unknown" and "Access denied". Reply with quote

Quote:
I found out, that if I enter the user and pass for single tests (r-click->Edit...) everything works just perfect

Also, you may use Connection manager (menu Profiles->Connection manager...) to store account information necessary to perform connections to the remote systems:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#conmgr
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
EDIT2: I found out, that if I enter the user and pass for single tests (r-click->Edit...) everything works just perfect

Yes, you have to specify account information for target servers using Connection Manager (recommended way) or "Connect As" property of the test item.
Account that you have specified on Service page in the Options dialog is used to run HostMonitor process on local system.

Quote:
but when I enter the passwort (11 Characters->11 Star-thingys) in "Options->Service" dialog and then [Save] and re-open the options there are only 5 "Stars" in the input line for password. If this is not a wanted feature, I think the mistake can be found somewhere here

This is correct behavior. HostMonitor keeps correct password but does not show it in the dialog.

Regards
Alex
Flix3793

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

Thanks a lot!

If I want to use Connection Manager, is this the right way?

->

Server/Domain: example.domain.net
Login: service.hostmonitor (which is the permitted user)
Passwort: [Domain logon password for the user above]

And, what do I have to enter in the "Resource(UNC)" line, if I want to use the account above for all UNC and WMI tests? (Because this user is permitted on all machines, this would work).
Flix3793

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Got it! Reply with quote

Okay, I got it!

Following entries were made:

Resource(UNC): * (as "all")
Server/Domain: example.domain.net
Login: service.hostmonitor (which is the permitted user)
Passwort: [Domain logon password for the user above]

Thank you very much!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, you may specify default account so HostMonitor will use this account for any target server unless different account specified explicitly.
You are welcome

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: