KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Couple items for wishlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guido39

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Couple items for wishlist Reply with quote

When setting permissions for RCC users, I need to give users the ability to view their test settings but I don't want them to be able to change. Currently if they can see the details, they can also change them.

I currently use the system log to verify if an alert went to a user. But, it doesn't show which test the alert was sent for. I don't know of a way to do this so if this truly is not possible now, would be nice to have this added.

A way to audit who has made changes to tests whether local or through RCC.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When setting permissions for RCC users, I need to give users the ability to view their test settings but I don't want them to be able to change. Currently if they can see the details, they can also change them

H'm... If user cannot change anything, what is the reason to see these pretty specific parameters? Could you provide some example?

Quote:
I currently use the system log to verify if an alert went to a user. But, it doesn't show which test the alert was sent for. I don't know of a way to do this so if this truly is not possible now, would be nice to have this added.

I think you may use Quick Log
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#testlist.htm#QuickLogPane

Quote:
A way to audit who has made changes to tests whether local or through RCC

We have such task in the list

Regards
Alex
Guido39

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
When setting permissions for RCC users, I need to give users the ability to view their test settings but I don't want them to be able to change. Currently if they can see the details, they can also change them

H'm... If user cannot change anything, what is the reason to see these pretty specific parameters? Could you provide some example?

Users sometimes would like to check the setup of a test but to keep change control, I don't want them to actually change it. Sometimes they may not understand why it's setup the way it is and I don't want the test to get messed up.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I have added this task into "to do" list

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: