KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Show date in header as yesterday and / or Last month

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpdredd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Show date in header as yesterday and / or Last month Reply with quote

I already have a script that copies a days or a months worth of data to a database and pulls a report on it (works rather well too!) The question that I have is there any way within Log Analyzer to set the date variables to to show for a previous day or month?

Right now I use:
Daily_Report_%YYYY%-%MM%-%DD%
Monthly_Report_%YYYY%-%MM%

Both of which show the date the report was run and not the date the report is for. Previously I have resorted to changing the system time on the computer I was doing the reports from, but now that I am doing the reports from the server I do not have that luxury. I though maybe I could use a user defined variable but I really didn't see anything that I could mold into what I want to do. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Raymond
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Show date in header as yesterday and / or Last month Reply with quote

mpdredd wrote:
I already have a script that copies a days or a months worth of data to a database and pulls a report on it (works rather well too!) The question that I have is there any way within Log Analyzer to set the date variables to to show for a previous day or month?
Sorry, there is no such variable. However, you may try to use %DateInterval% variable. Quote from the manual:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#RepMan
==============================
%DateInterval% - Information about date interval that was analyzed. E.g. "01/01/04 - 01/15/04" or "May 2005" (when the date interval covers one full month from the first to last day thereof, the variable will contain only the name of the month and year).
==============================

Regards,
Max
mpdredd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Thank you. Reply with quote

Actually I think that may work given the way that I am pulling the reports. I will give it a shot this evening and let you know.

Thanks,

Raymond
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: