KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Email relay problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djheath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Email relay problem. Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to send an email alert from hostmonitor to a mobile phone using a third party email/text messaging company esendex. The email address to send the message to is mobilenumber@esendex.net.

I can send a message fine via my account in outlook and have configured the exchange server correctly to route mail sent to esendex.net to the correct smtp server. Hostmonitor uses the same echange server so I assume emails are being sent in the same way from hostmonitor as they would if I just emailed from my outlook account.

Emails sent to users in the company and emails sent to users outside the company work fine in hostmonitor but I get the following error when using the address <mobilenumber>@esendex.net

[25/04/2006 12:26:00] Connecting to exchange (SMTP) ...
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] < 220 exchange.domain Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.1830 ready at Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:25:56 +0100
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] > HELO SODEXHOP53
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] < 250 exchange.domain Hello [10.44.0.23]
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] Open Done
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] > MAIL FROM:<djheath@domain>
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] < 250 2.1.0 djheath@domain....Sender OK
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] > RCPT TO:<07799***@esendex.net>
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] < 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for 07799***@esendex.net
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] Mail Error #550 (550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for 07799****@esendex.net)

The *** are there to omit the number in the post, the domain is my companies domain omitted for this post.

I have had a look for the relay error and beleive it may be something to do with the address, either the too or the from?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Yoorix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Email relay problem. Reply with quote

djheath wrote:
< 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for 07799***@esendex.net
[25/04/2006 12:26:00] Mail Error #550 (550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for 07799****@esendex.net)

Looks like it is not Host Monitor problem. This error appears because mail server has some rules to restrict incorrect mailing. Please, review server relay settings to ensure you have configured the exchange server properly.

Regards,
Yoorix
djheath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I wondered if it could be. I have a feeling it could be the "from" address. hostmonitor is running under an admin account on the server so the from address is just typed in. I wonder if it doesn't like this?
Yoorix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djheath wrote:
I have a feeling it could be the "from" address. hostmonitor is running under an admin account on the server so the from address is just typed in. I wonder if it doesn't like this?

If you have specified a rule for mail server, that allows to send mail from one account to another, it doesn't matter what account is used by HM. Is it possible, you have specified allowed IP range in this rule and HM server IP does not included in this range? May be, you should specify authentification method and user/password in Mailer Settings?

Could HM send email to any other email account (not phone)?

Regards,
Yoorix
djheath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yoorix wrote:
djheath wrote:
I have a feeling it could be the "from" address. hostmonitor is running under an admin account on the server so the from address is just typed in. I wonder if it doesn't like this?

If you have specified a rule for mail server, that allows to send mail from one account to another, it doesn't matter what account is used by HM. Is it possible, you have specified allowed IP range in this rule and HM server IP does not included in this range? May be, you should specify authentification method and user/password in Mailer Settings?

Could HM send email to any other email account (not phone)?

Regards,
Yoorix

Not likely unfortunately. HM is running on the exchange server so it is included in the range. I will have a look at the rules and see if there is anything there. HM is sending emails fine as is, just not to the phone email address with no change to the mailer settings in HM options.

I will have a play with exchange and see if anything stands out.
Esendex Support

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi djheath,

Did you find a resolution to this problem? If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact Esendex Support team directly and we will be happy to assist.

Many thanks,

Esendex Support Team
http://www.esendex.com/support
http://www.esendex.com/support/Support-Contacts.aspx
djheath

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esendex Support wrote:
Hi djheath,

Did you find a resolution to this problem? If you are still experiencing difficulties please contact Esendex Support team directly and we will be happy to assist.

Many thanks,

Esendex Support Team
http://www.esendex.com/support
http://www.esendex.com/support/Support-Contacts.aspx

Thanks for the follow up. All sorted now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: