KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Flashing text on remote host.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:51 am    Post subject: Flashing text on remote host. Reply with quote

Hi.

First of all sorry for my english...

I'm using HostMonitor in central office of our company. But i want to know in a real time about changing status of hosts that are in monitornig list. We have in our room big monitor on the wall and for this computer i wrote small utility that popup window and play sound when HostMonitor changing status of hosts.

How it works.
Program started on any computer and listen any port (for default 31337).
In HostMonitor in "Action profiles" i add "Send data to TCP/UDP port" action width ip address of server where my utility started and in field "Init packet (string) to send" i wrote "%TestName% %Status% %Reply% %DATETIME% %PreviousStatusDuration%".
When status of monitoring host is changing HostMonitor send tcp packet to server and my utility flashing popup window with string in recieving packet and playing sound.

Program settings.
Program have two windows: flashing window that visible for default during 10 seconds and log window where list of all actions. You can resize flashing wndow by width and log window by width and height. For right-clicking on log wondow you will see popup menu width "Clear" (clearing logs), "Properties" (program properties) and "Exit". In "Property" you can modify font of both windows, color of "good" and "bad" statuses, transparency of windows, ip address and port where program is started and words for "bad status". Program check recieved string of packet for contants of "bad words". If one of the "bad words" finded, color of text and playing sound will be other.

Using program.
All files of program must be at the root of "C:": "CreepingLineClient.exe", "SoundGood.wav", "SoundBad.wav", "cl.ini". You must run "CreepingLineClient.exe" file for starting program. If some errors will be on starting delete file with settings ("cl.ini").

Program is not finished. But it is works well for me. I'm not a professional programmer. Source is included into archive, you can modify it as you wish.

For downloading use:
login: user
password: user
ftp://217.172.24.163/Upload%20&%20download/FlashingText.zip.
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cannot download this file just go to ftp://217.172.24.163 then go to "Upload & Download" folder and then copy file "FlashingText.zip".
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. New path must be used.
This is true link:
ftp://user:user@217.172.24.163/FlashingText.zip
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have problems with FTP server, we may upload file on our site

Regards
Alex
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
If you have problems with FTP server, we may upload file on our site

Regards
Alex

Great.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, file available at http://www.ks-soft.net/download/contribution/FlashingText.zip

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: