A "simplified" alternative to %AlertThreshold% ?

Need new test, action, option? Post request here.
aleibovici

A "simplified" alternative to %AlertThreshold% ?

Post by aleibovici »

The %AlertThreshold% macro variable contains the threshold value, preceeded by the condition, for example:

"MoreThan: 32"

It would be useful to have a macro variable which contains just the threshold value. It gives more flexibility, for example when the variable is used in a non-English mail body.

Or there is maybe a way to extract the value from %AlertThreshold% ?

Kind regards

Alex
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

We already have such task in our "to do" list. Medium priority.

Regards,
Max
mpedersen

Post by mpedersen »

When do you expect to support the simplyfied version of %AlertThreshold%?

I would like to use it for a "disk space" test. The test should report an error when the %AlertThreshold% is reached but at the same time be able to report a warning if 120% of the %AlertThreshold% is reached.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

When do you expect to support the simplyfied version of %AlertThreshold%
Hard to say. We have hundreds of tasks
I would like to use it for a "disk space" test. The test should report an error when the %AlertThreshold% is reached but at the same time be able to report a warning if 120% of the %AlertThreshold% is reached.
So, you want to use this variable for optional status processing expressions? Then you may specify value directly (e.g. '20 Gb') without using variable.

Regards
Alex
mpedersen

Post by mpedersen »

Yes, but that is exacly what I do not want. I am creating a template for some hundred servers and wants to use a variable that follows the AlertThreshold.

The plan is to have a diskspace check that creates a warning sometime before the alert is created. If i change the AlertThreshold, the warning treshols should automaticaly follow the AlertThreshold.

A greate improvement would actually be to make all test properties avaliable as variables, but I will settle for a AlertThreshold as integervalue.